The Rhatigan Student Center location will be closed for the holidays December 24 - January 2.
Online orders received during this time may experience delays in processing.
Charitable Donations Policy
The WSU Shocker Store is committed to supporting causes that are for current students enrolled in Wichita State University through donations of gift cards or goods.
All parties requesting financial support from the Shocker Store must complete a Charitable Donation Request form. The completed form should fully explain the nature of the contribution being sought and include all requested documentation. The Charitable Donation Request form is available at the Rhatigan Student Center Shocker Store and on the Shocker Store’s website. All required documentation should be submitted to the Shocker Store following the directions provided below.
- The organization must be a 501(c)(3) or non-profit organization.
- Requests should be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event to give proper time to evaluate the request.
- Complete proposals include a description of the organization, its mission and major accomplishments, and a list of current board members and key staff.
- Nonprofit organizations should submit their tax-exempt letters from the Internal Revenue Service with their contribution requests.
- Complete proposals will be considered monthly.
- Incomplete proposals or those with deadlines within 30 days of submission may not be considered.
Preferential consideration is generally given to requests where the following apply:
- The recipient is a student-based organization at Wichita State University.
- Gift cards and/or goods donated will benefit a significant group of students (as opposed to a single person).
- The Shocker Store receives recognition for its donations.
The Shocker Store does not make charitable donations to for-profit organizations. For-profit organizations seeking sponsorship may submit requests to Carmen Hytche, Manager of Community Engagement and Development in the WSU Strategic Communications Department, [email protected] High schools seeking donations and/or sponsorship may submit requests to Bobby Gandu, Assistant Vice President of SEM & Director of Admissions, [email protected]
In order to accommodate contribution requests, the Shocker Store may choose to donate promotional items that could be used by the requesting party.
Completed Charitable Donation Request applications and supporting documentation may be submitted as follows: